Monday, July 04, 2011

Tale of 2 cities....

So I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier but I've been living in two cities - Guelph and Toronto. For the most part I've been living in Toronto (at least lately) even though my "home" technically speaking is in Guelph. This means that I exist in a very strange in between world which contains a lot of commuting and feeling somewhat displaced no matter where I am. There are a lot of pros to this situation - namely that I get to do work that I love, I get to live both rural and urban, I get to spend time with friends in the city and maintain connections here. The downsides are the ones I've been thinking more about lately....

The major down-side: being apart from "The Donald" (a.k.a - the fiancee) for extended periods of time. Being away from "Kitty" (a.k.a fatso katso) for extended periods of time also sucks. It so happens that the past couple of months I have been in Toronto for major pro-longed stretches and haven't been in Guelph much at all. I think in the past month I have probably spent 4 or 5 days there scattered. This is starting to get me down. It's not so much being away from "Guelph" but being away from my own bed, my books, my cat, the back deck, my bike, my full wardrobe...that sort of thing.

I was talking to a friend about this today...the fact that I've been missing the normal day to day routine of living together and am looking forward to a time when I won't be constantly juggling my time between 2 places. It's gotten to the point where i feel like my "rolling travel bag" is like an appendage. It's rather pathetic. Maybe I should start wearing a fanny pack everywhere I go and become a 'perpetual tourist'.

So that's all on this topic.
10-4
-jc

No comments: