Sunday, January 04, 2009

You've just lathered up and.....

..the hot water runs out!!!

That is what just happened to me....actually it happened about a half hour ago. Here is how it went: I'm in the shower, soap all over me and just about to wash the conditioner out of my hair when suddenly the water becomes very very cold. I turn the water off, hoping it is some kind of weird glitch, only to eventually find myself huddled in the bathtub, clutching my knees to my chest, turning the faucet on and off frantically and praying to the shower Gods to let the hot water please come back. It was not to be....at least not yet. Before I continue, let me be clear: I have taken my fair share of cold showers and consider myself to be fairly adaptable to different or harsh environments in that department. I also fully realize that in most places in the world the idea of a hot or even warm shower is but a dream. Nevertheless, for some reason today I just could not bear it....I could not bear being under a freezing cold stream of water.

So, believe it or not, it is now 45 minutes later, the hot water has STILL not come on, and I am wrapped in 2 towels, practically dry, with soap residue encrusted in my hair and all over my body. that is the condition I am in as I am writing this. Sometimes if you don't see the humour in something you might just start crying about it....or throwing a full blown adult fit...which I almost did but then didn't. Yay me!

So for some reason, I felt inspired to blog about this. Maybe it was a good way to kill the time while waiting for the water to heat up (??!!), But i think it was more about an alternative to throwing a fit.

Happy Sunday...and may all your showers be forever hot!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i feel your pain, no hot showers at the farm. tried the cold shower, but it is not going to work out as the water was so cold that i couldn't scream due to the air being shocked out of my body. i'm boiling water and taking "baths" in a spaghetti pot. i'm not a wimp, i'm just fragile, hahahahahahaha!

julia said...

ERICA!
hope you guys are doing well on the farm...or should I say "in paradise"..cause it's flipping minus 20 here!!
Thats sucks about the shower though.
I will be on skype soon though...and we can chat CR and stuff! :)
-Julia