Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Beauty of Wynona...

That is the title of a Daniel Lanois album...that Doug lent me this week. It is extraordinary. It is so beautiful....mysterious....wistful - haunting at times. Listening to it, for me, is a bit like drinking a really tall glass of water on a really hot day. It quenches something. It is satisfying.

That is the kind of music I would like to make. The kind that satisfies...for those few who do take the time to listen...to really listen.

Life is funny right now. I feel like the captain of the ship that is my life - and I can steer it in any direction that I want. it is kindof exiting. and I'm not as scared of the unknown as I used to be. at least today i'm not...at least not this second.

it's all about letting go. letgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgoletgolet
goletgoletgo
O to be a computer engineer!

I have a dream to live in and operate a lighthouse for 6 months. How whacky is that??!! but it is something I really want to do! I've always been inrigued by them. I think it;s the Newfoundlander in me. While i'm in my lighhouse I'd like to record music and call the recording "the Lighthouse Sessions".

peace OUt
-jc



No comments: